Wednesday, November 5, 2014

American girl kitchen!

Do you know how hard it is to find an 18 inch doll size kitchen in Canada?? It's so hard. Target carries our generation stuff but NO KITCHENS. I've tried to order online from the U.S.  from various online places but. They don't ship to Canada! 

I'm leaving in 2 days to Minneapolis and figured I'd try to pick up a kitchen at target. If they even carry them in stores? 
I'm definitely intending a good long shop at american girl store....

But. ANYWAYS!!!! Today! Today the four year old and I decided to browse at Chapters. And of course being with a 4 year old we hit the kids section. And lo and behold what to my wandering eyes did appear????? 

I literally SQUEALED in chapters!!! I'd seen this on Amazon and loved it. Wanted it. but for some odd reason the one vendor of the stove would ship to Canada but not the fridge. So I never got it. Til now.  I literally spent some of my american savings for my upcoming 
trip. 

So beyond excited I loaded these beauty's up and took them home. 

Let's talk about the stove. It was $50. But there's a "spend over $50 get 20% off" deal today so I got 20% off both items. I think it was around $40- $50 US funds, on Amazon plus shipping. So I got a good deal.   The burners light up. The ovens light up and make cooking, bubbling, exhaust fan sounds.
It came with pots and pans and some foods. 


The sink/fridge/dishwasher was also $50 minus 20%.... It makes running water sounds and dishwasher sounds and came with a bunch of dishes and food. It's a lot of fun when there's sound effects!! 

So goodbye to our shoebox and duct tape made kitchen. Our dolls are cooking on style now!! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! These are GREAT pieces and MUCH more appropriate in scale for the dolls. I have these and the OG kitchen and the OG kitchen disappoints next to them. Good for you! These are hard to find anymore since the laws changed about importing toys and testing them all independently. Nice kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment as I've often wondered if I should have waited and bought the og kitchen. I love this set but it takes a lot of room in the kitchen. We had to move the table onto the floor out of the dollhouse but it still works well! The kids love the noises and lights

    ReplyDelete