Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Diy freckles On an 18 inch doll

Julia is my doll. My only doll so far.  Although I do plan to get a couple AG dolls someday. My little girls have our generation dolls. And have Maplelea dolls wrapped and ready for Christmas! My boys have diy newberry boy dolls so I wanted a special doll for me and I just fell in love with this beautiful Gotz doll. I did a little review of her in a previous post. I've brushed her hair lots and its AMAZING. She's well worth the $100 she cost.

Anyways I wanted her to sort of, well, represent me as a child. Like Julia, I had red hair. Maybe not quite as red as hers but, my exact colour  has never been seen in a doll so it is what it is! And though there are other red haired dolls most have green eyes. I have blue. So when I found Julia with blue eyes,  I had to have her. 
The only thing she was missing though, was FRECKLES!!! 
Have you ever known a red head without at least some freckles?? 

Because she's not a cheap doll I've been hesitant to paint freckles on her. WHAT IF I MESS UP!! 
So I watched a few tutorials and decided I would try washable paint. In case I don't like it. Or I mess up... 

Without further ado.... Here she is. My little freckle faced cutie!! 


Here she is without freckles 

What do you think? Keep the freckles? Or nah? If i do decide to paint them permanently with acrylic paint, I might do them a bit lighter. But I really think they give her some personality!

My real look alike doll!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment