Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fireplace and TV projects

Well today my husband helped me make a fireplace for the dolls. He cut all things wooden according to my instructions and I glued stuff. 



I found what I thought was the perfect picture frame to make a fireplace out of at michaels and all their frames were 40% off, so score!  This frame fits a 5x7 picture. 
I had hubby cut it down, about 1/3 of it off and he added a base at the bottom. (Although I'm thinking of adding a thicker bottom to make it taller and maybe a slightly wider mantle so we can put little pretty things on it. )

I had him cut a few "logs" from dead branches in our yard. I glued them together then painted some black on the bottom to look burnt. 

I added some black beads to look like coal and red glitter to look like they were glowing. There's a tea light in behind the logs that glows and flickers. 

I also made a TV out of a DVD case so the scenes can easily be swapped out ..... A little frame from black foam. And a couple gems for the power button and power light. 

I think it makes the living room warm and cosy. I think Rose approves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment