Monday, October 27, 2014

Campfire project

So the kids decided the rooftop deck needed a little fire pit, and of course being lover of all things Pinterest I found a tutorial.  I tailored it a little to what we had around the house. 
First of all I took an old CD. I cut out a circle the same size as the CD out of brown paper bag. I didn't want to use real sand for obvious reasons so I crumpled the paper to give it texture and glued it onto the CD.  I also glued a circle of cardboard on the bottom for extra stability. 


See the textured paper? That's my pretend sand lol. I had my little one collect some rocks and glue them around the edge.  
Dollorama had orange battery operated tea lights in honour of halloween so I bought that for the "fire". It actually flickers which is cool. 

We found some branches and I cut them down to size. I arranged them sort of teepee style but left the back open so we can swap out the tea light and turn it off and on. 

We glued down the wood with craft glue, cut some flames out of construction paper and voila. 


Now all Julia needs is some marshmallows!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment