Thursday, October 23, 2014

The dolls continued


Well after Rose came and was well loved, my 4 year old was asking for a doll so I bought her a pretty little blonde girl from target. She named her Brooke. 

Then to my surprise, the boys wanted boy dolls! And I thought why not? Why shouldn't boys get to have dolls if they want!!! I searched. There were no 18 inch boy dolls to be found anywhere. So I dug through my teenagers old dolls and found two 18 inch Newberry dolls (from Sears) that were in perfect condition, except for their ratty hair. I gave them hair cuts. Cleaned the makeup off their faces with rubbing alcohol.  The new berry dolls eyes do not close so I didn't need to be careful with getting their eyes wet, as you would in a dolls eyes that open and close.  I painted their eyebrows a little bushier, and one of them got a sprinkle of freckles! I used acrylic paint for that. 

Finding boy clothes was a challenge. There's not much out there, but I did find some jeans, tshirt, shoes and a soccer outfit at Michaels. 


Meet Pete and Joey! I'm not great at hair cutting but I was amazed how boyish they looked. The boys were thrilled and it didn't cost me a cent.  Other than some clothes. 


Here they are! Our little family of dolls. 





No comments:

Post a Comment