Thursday, October 23, 2014

The love grows

So it didn't take long until we began to look online for doll stuff. I was reading doll reviews, trying to decide if I should order an American girl doll, when I discovered Maplelea dolls. Canada's version of AG dolls. 

It was instant love for me and the girls. We asked for catalogues and the girls spent hours poring over those catalogues. They both chose dolls they wanted.  My 8 year old wants Saila.

Saila is the first First Nations doll that can be played with I have ever seen.  Although I've since discovered AG has one as well. I love that there are different cultures represented in the dolls. We've received Saila, but she is all wrapped up for Christmas. I will do a full review once we take her out of the box but I will say this, she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The box she comes in is incredibly sturdy. Everything seems to be of the very highest quality.  From all the reviews I've read, they are equal in quality to AG dolls.  The hair is super soft!

My 4 year old wanted Taryn. 
I really hesitated getting this doll for her as she's a bit young for such an expensive doll.  They are available only from the Maplelea website at $99 each.  But in the end I caved. 
And I don't regret it. Taryn is incredible. I can't wait until Christmas morning! 
Honestly. I want one for myself too!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment