Saturday, October 25, 2014

New arrival!!!! Gotz doll Julia review

Something exciting happened in Weebies doll house today! I got a big surprise! I received my first Gotz doll!  She is a gift from my husband!

Gotz dolls  originated in Germany in 1950  and they are very fine dolls indeed. In fact Gotz assisted in production of what is now the widely popular american girl doll in the 1990's!  The quality is equal to the American girl or maplelea (canadian girl) dolls in my opinion



This is Julia.  Her she is, the final moment she has to spend in her box. I love that her name is actually Julia as that's my grandmothers name! 


I just had to get her standing. She is so precious! She comes in a sweet little outfit that seems very good quality. 


Isn't that just the sweetest little face!!!! Just a hint of a smile. She will be a friend to suit every mood of your little girl. Her eyes are blue and they open and close.  I'm thinking of hand painting some freckles across her nose, but for now I'll leave her like this. 


The attention to detail is pretty thorough. Cute little bag that I would wear!


And just how cute are these crocs!!!!!! They are better quality than any I've bought for my kids!


The best part of this doll is her hair!!! It's soooo soft and easy to brush.  The lady at the store told me she has washed, blow dried and even curled these dolls hair!!! (On low setting)  You definitely couldn't do that with a target doll.  


The hair is amazing quality which is probably the main reason for the $100 price tag. It is rooted, unlike the American girl and Maplelea dolls which are wigged. Personally with children playing with dolls, I prefer rooted hair. It's rooted evenly all over the head so there are no big bald spots. The only downfall (which may or may not be a downfall to you) is there is no centre line of hair so she doesn't look so great in pig tails. 


Here is her hair down in all its silky glory! 



So here she is standing next to Rose, an our generation doll from target.  Julia has a soft body, jointed limbs, can stand on her own. She has a thinner waist than our generation dolls but she can easily fit their clothes.  Our generation dolls do not have jointed limbs. 



My daughter put glasses on her because I wear glasses lol. Here she is visiting in Brooke's room. I'm not sure where she will sleep once our maplelea girls come at christmas! She will probably stay in my room and "visit" the dolls house when mom feels like playing with the kids!


Here she is getting acquainted with Joey on the patio hehe

Just look at that sweet face! I can't even deal!!!!!

When I was little I always wanted a doll that looked like me but never got one. Even now red headed dolls with blue eyes are harder to find.  Don't you think she looks a bit like little me? Even her forehead is high like mine.  Finally my childhood wish has come true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment